As noted earlier this year in the MTA Newsletter, the Maryland Troopers Association Credit Card was dropped by Bank of America becasue we did not have national exposure and we were not "scalable or what they were looking for as an affinity partner." The contract with BOA expired on July 1, 2011 which allowed us to pursue a new affinity partner.
I am pleased to announce that Capital One has welcomed us as an affinity partner and established a credit card program for us. This program provides the MTA with a $50.00 donation when the member signs up and uses the card for the first time. It then provides the MTA with 2% of gas and grocery purchases and 1% on all other purchases made with the card. There is no annual fee associated with this card and member benefits include:
* $0 Fraud Liability - If your card is lost or stolen and used without your authorization, you will not be liable for those charges.
* 24-hour roadside assistance - If your car breaks down or you get locked out, call us and we'll send someone to the rescue.
* 24-hour travel & emergency assistance - If your credit card is lost or stolen you can get an emergency card replacement and a cash advance.
* Auto rental insurance - Rent a car with your credit card and you can get collision, damage and loss insurance.
* Extended warranty program - You’ll get additional warranty protection at no charge on items that are purchased with your credit card and already come with a warranty.
* Online account servicing - Manage your account online, pay your bills, and track your purchases for free.
* Return Protection - If you’re dissatisfied with covered items you’ve purchased and the retailer won’t accept a return, you will be reimbursed up to $250 per item for up to 90 days after your purchase date.
* Travel accident insurance - Get worldwide automatic travel insurance at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
Even if you do not use this card as your primary credit card, it would be very helpful to the MTA if all of our members would apply for the card and use it at least once. This would result in a highly viable and sustainable program. Signing up for the card is quick and easy at www.cardlabconnect.com/marylandtroopersassociation
*** If you currently have an Bank of America MTA Credit Card, we would ask that you replace it with the Capital One Card and close your BOA account. Please let them know that you are displeased with their decision to drop our organization because we were not big enough to make it worth their while.***